The NEW Maton SRS 808C incorporates solid Blackwood back and sides and a Western Red Cedar top. The SRS 808C is an absolutely beautiful little guitar and combines the warm, full tones of Blackwood with the top end sparkle of Cedar. A forward shifting of the X braces and the shifting of scallop peaks to nodal points around the soundboard help to enhance the vibration of the top. Fitted with the AP5 Pro pickup system for a very versatile plugged in sound.
The shifting of the X braces also allowed the inclusion of a second, parallel tone bar which allows the scalloping of both tone bars, and spreads the load while reducing mass.
Adjusted bracing heights as well as a locked 15 foot radius for the arch of the back, gave Maton the plate resonance separation they were looking for between top and back.
There is now the full, open, lower frequency response Maton were looking for as well as a crisp, well defined treble response.
The new 808 series sounds a whole lot bigger than a small bodied guitar should. Maton were hoping the end of this journey would produce a guitar that amazes the player at first strum, then continues to impress as each aspect of the sound of the guitar meets and surpasses the player’s expectation.
- Model: SRS808c
- Body Shape: 808 W/Cutaway
- Soundboard: "A" Grade Western Red Cedar
- Rosette: Sapele Ring
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Soundhole Diameter: 95mm
- Back and Sides: Blackwood
- Outer Binding: Black
- Inner Binding: None
- Neck: Queensland Maple
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Headstock Veneer: Sapele/Standard
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Satin/Natural
- Top Finish: Satin/Natural
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell With Gold M
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5 Pro