A modernized version of a student-turned-classic instrument originally released in 1956, the Duo-Sonic HS model’s compact form belies its giant-sized sound. It’s the ideal companion for adventurous players who aren’t afraid to buck the norm and shatter expectations. Daphne Blue Finish.
The Duo-Sonic HS new pickups let the true voice of the instrument shine. The single-coil Duo-Sonic neck pickup is joined by a vintage-spec humbucking bridge pickup for flexible tone that can match any playing style imaginable. The push/pull tone pot switches to single coil operation on the humbucking bridge pickup, unlocking a variety of tones that can be shaped via the master volume and tone controls to find just the right sound. The 24” scale adds a bit of warmth and thickness to the guitar’s inherent tone, while granting a slinkier playing feel, making it easier to perform multi-step bends. Topped by a 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles and ideal for players with smaller hands, or those who use extended chord forms. The six-saddle string-through-body hardtail Strat® bridge increases sustain while the bent steel saddles add some zing to your tone, enhancing the upper harmonics to cut through a dense mix.
The smaller body is ideal for smaller players or for energetic stage performances. A gloss polyester finish protects the body while the neck bears a satin polyurethane finish for fast, easy playability. The aesthetic appointments, including the knurled flat-top control knobs, cast/sealed tuning machines and a three-ply Mint Green pickguard, add a touch of classic Fender style to this updated and modernized design. A new take on a classic guitar that’s flown under most player’s radars, the Duo-Sonic HS is ready and rarin’ to go with surprisingly giant sound.
- Alder Body
- Gloss Polyester Body Finish
- Maple "C" shape neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- 24” scale length
- 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Satin Polyurethane Neck Finish
- Duo-Sonic™ Humbucking Bridge Pickup
- Duo-Sonic™ Single-coil Neck Pickup
- Master Volume/Master Tone (with Push/Pull Coil Select Feature) Controls
- 3-Position Toggle Switching: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- 6-Saddle Bridge with Strings-Through-Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Machine Heads
- 3-Ply Mint Green Pickguard
- Knurled Flat-Top Control Knobs
- Daphne Blue colour