Since its debut in 1956, the Duo-Sonic has found its way into the hands of genre-defining artists, becoming an underground sensation that helped create alternative music in the dingy clubs of New York City. A surprisingly hip guitar with upgraded contemporary features, this instrument features slick style and a unique sound that’s perfectly at home in modern music. Capri Orange Finish.
NEW OFFSET SERIES
Almost infinitely flexible, the pair of Duo-Sonic single-coil pickups in the bridge and neck positions lends a unique character to for everything from bright, jangly arpeggios to heavy chords. Master volume and tone controls, along with a three-way pickup switch, shape the pickups’ voice to match the music. The 24” scale adds a bit of warmth and thickness to the guitar’s inherent tone, while granting a slinkier playing feel, making it easier to perform multi-step bends. Topped by a 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles and ideal for players with smaller hands, or those who use extended chord forms. The six-saddle string-through-body hardtail Strat® bridge increases sustain while the bent steel saddles add some zing to your tone, enhancing the upper harmonics to cut through a dense mix.
The downsized body is comfortable for smaller players or those who enjoy energetic stage performances. A gloss polyester finish protects the body while the neck bears a satin polyurethane finish for fast, easy playability. Aesthetic appointments, including the knurled flat-top control knobs, cast/sealed tuning machines and a three-ply Mint Green pickguard, add a touch of classic Fender style to this updated design. The unsung hero of the alternative underground, the Duo-Sonic is perfect for players who desire a unique sound and visual style.
- Alder Body
- Gloss Polyester Body Finish
- Maple "C" shape neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- 24” scale length
- 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Satin Polyurethane Neck Finish
- Duo-Sonic™ Single-coil Bridge Pickup
- Duo-Sonic™ Single-coil Neck Pickup
- Master Volume/Master Tone (with Push/Pull Coil Select Feature) Controls
- 3-Position Toggle Switching: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- 6-Saddle Bridge with Strings-Through-Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Machine Heads
- 3-Ply Mint Green Pickguard
- Knurled Flat-Top Control Knobs
- Capri Orange colour