An eye-catchingly adventurous design—an exercise in chrome, plastic and wood—the Jaguar guitar’s delightfully off-kilter aesthetics and unique sound made it a darling of underground artists from the ‘70s to today. Though it was the pinnacle of guitar technology when it was released in 1962, time (and technology) marches on so we updated the Jaguar with modern features and materials, hot-rodding it for today’s players. The result? The American Professional Jaguar—a dangerous instrument with bite. This model is in an Sonic Gray finish with a maple fretboard. Complete with Fender hard case.
Developed by Michael Frank, the brand-new V-Mod Jaguar pickup design expands the guitar's sonic palette with hot, vintage-informed tone delivering plenty of midrange punch and definition. Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume control, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit that lets your tone shine through in all its glory. The new modern "Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords. The improved tremolo and bridge incorporate a screw-in arm and brass Mustang saddles that stabilize the strings while adding a touch of sonic zip to your tone.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jaguar is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Series: American Professional
- Available Colours: Antique Olive, Sonic Grey, Candy Apple Red, Olympic White, 3-colour Sunburst
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: Maple/Rosewood (depending on colour)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide-Switch for In/Out of Phase When Both Pickups are On
- Bridge: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Included Accessories: Molded Case