The Cordoba C9 Crossover offers a new spin on a Cordoba classic. Built with a solid spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides, the C9 Crossover features a 48mm nut width, radiused fingerboard, and hand-carved mahogany neck with a thinner profile. It also includes a two-way truss rod built into the neck. This model is an excellent choice for the guitarist who loves the sound and look of the traditional C9 classical guitar, but prefers the feel of a steel string or electric guitar.
The C9 Crossover features a fan bracing pattern, which gives the center of the soundboard more surface area to vibrate and respond to the tension of the strings. A more responsive soundboard makes the guitar louder, and provides better tone. Like every guitar in the Luthier series, the C9 Crossover is built with Spanish heel construction, where the top of the guitar is attached to the neck, the sides are added next, and the guitar’s body is sealed by the installation of the back. This construction technique allows the entire instrument to vibrate as one unified piece.
Aesthetic touches like the pearloid weave rosette inspired by a 1920’s Domingo Esteso guitar add a touch of vintage elegance to this best-seller. Other premium features include an rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge, high gloss finish, and Savarez Cristal Corum strings. The C9 Crossover includes Cordoba’s lightweight polyfoam case.
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding / Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 6 ply coloured wood top purfling, 3 ply maple and ebony back and side purfling
- Rosette: Pearloid "Esteso" weave
- Finish: High Gloss PU
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck / Rosewood radiused fingerboard / Fusion (Crossover) Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.59")
- Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8")
- Fret Marker Inlays: 5, 7, 9
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish heel neck joint, Fan Bracing
- Body Width & Length: 290mm (11.4") at upper bout, 370mm (14.6") at lower bout/ 490mm (19.29") body length
- Overall Length: 39"
- Body Depth: 95mm (3.7") at upper bout, 97mm (3.8") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
- Case: Cordoba Polyfoam Case