The New Nylgut® is not common Nylon or Carbon (Flurocarbon fishing line or PVDF), or a mix of them. It is a plastic compound of three different components. Compared to Nylon, the New Nylgut® produces a better sound and stays in tune better. Available for the range of uke sizes.
- Compared to Nylon, the New Nylgut® produces a better sound and stays in tune better, this because the moisture absorption is less of .1% against the 2.0% of Nylon normally employed for the musical strings (i.e. Du Pont Tynex® polyammide 6-12).
- Due to the higher density, similar to that of pure gut (1.30 gr/cm3), the New Nylgut® produces a better sound than Nylon and it is not so metallic like those of the so- called ‘Carbon’ (Fluorocarbon) PVDF strings.
- In other words, the New Nylgut® is probably the first genuine syntetic gut in the world.
- The New Nylgut® assures:
- a better sound than Nylon or PVDF, similar to the genuine gut strings;
- a more accurated fret-intonation due to the well gauged material;
- a very stable intonation under moisture changes
- Colour: white